Business Speaking (please enquire about speaker fees)
T.U.R.N. – U:nwind for a Workplace where Everyone Can Thrive
Presented by Career Satisfaction Expert, Clara Chorley, founder of Clarity Unlimited
Unwinding is the practice of focusing on work challenges in a new way, which includes unplugging from technologies in order to increase efficiency, creativity and enjoyment.
Without this necessary practice, many people (and organizations) find themselves moving through the day-to-day on auto-pilot, possibly focused on the wrong goal!
Unwinding stops the auto-pilot mindset. Slowing down means that mistakes are identified before they become unmanageable, camaraderie and trust between coworkers and leadership is greatly improved, plus people have the space to be more objective with trickier issues and come up with their own creative ideas and solutions.
Signs that indicate unwinding might be necessary at your workplace:
▪ People are frazzled and find pausing to say ‘Good morning’ takes too long
▪ Catching mistakes after-the-fact is a common practice
▪ There’s no designated time to share ideas and thoughts for making things better, and who’d think of that anyway?!
▪ You seem to have a new office mate every 6 months
Some side effects of Unwinding:
▪ Collaboration increases
▪ Energy and engagement goes up
▪ People experience feeling more valued
▪ Greater ownership in decisions and pride in work
What you’ll take away:
▪ How to use unwinding to get more done and accelerate your leadership
▪ The big relationship benefit from unwinding
▪ The true meaning of U:nwind (it’s more than you think!)
▪ Simple steps to integrate unwinding into your company’s day-to-day